Effective Date: May 17, 2019
Welcome and thank you for visiting QueerUnion.com. Queer Union (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the QueerUnion.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICE. By using this website, accessing its content, uploading data or using the Service provided, you hereby agree to the following Terms and Conditions of use (“Terms”), as updated from time to time. If you do not agree to all of these Terms, you are prohibited from using the Service. Each time you use the Service, you accept any changes and agree to the most current Terms posted here.
You Must Be 18 Years of Age or Older
You must be 18 years of age or older to use the Service. You are prohibited from using the Service if you are under the age of 18.
The QueerUnion.com website contains information, opinions, advice and tips regarding gay, lesbian and transgender weddings. This information is not guaranteed to be accurate or complete. You should never use the information provided by the Service as a substitute for professional advice.
You acknowledge that the Service is owned by QueerUnion.com and that all user interfaces, design, information, data, code, products, software, graphics and all other elements of the Service provided are protected by intellectual property and other laws, and are the property of QueerUnion.com. The information, analysis and advice is provided to you for your personal use only.
Use of Materials
Copyright laws in the United States and in foreign countries protect all information posted on this website. You are authorized to view, print or download a single copy of the material posted on the website, inclusive of the copyright and proprietary right notices that might appear with the information, for your own personal and noncommercial use. Any other use of the information is a breach of these Terms and might violate copyright, trademark or other laws. If you violate any of these Terms, this permission to use our information is revoked and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any of the Service contents.
If you register on the website, you agree that is your sole responsibility to keep your username and password confidential and to ensure that no unauthorized person has access to your passwords or accounts. We cannot and do not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit, or your or third parties’ use or misuse of information transmitted or received using the Service.
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Use the Service in any way that is unlawful.
- Systematically retrieve website content to directly or indirectly create a collection, compilation, database or directory without written permission from QueerUnion.com.
- Collect usernames and/or email addresses of users for the purpose of sending unsolicited mail.
- Advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Use the Service to harass, abuse, threaten, intimidate, mislead or harm another person.
- Use the Service as part of any commercial enterprise or as an effort to compete with us.
- Disparage, tarnish or otherwise harm, in our opinion, QueerUnion.com and/or the Service.
- Interfere with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Service.
- Upload invalid data, viruses, worms or other software agents.
- Interfere with or compromise the system integrity or security of the Service.
We invite you to provide comments that might be viewable by other users of the Service and through third-party websites. Any comments you provide are considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you submit any comments, you represent and warrant that your comments:
- Have been created and are owned by you.
- Do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights of any third party.
- Are not false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Do not constitute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings or other forms of solicitation.
- Are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous or otherwise objectionable, as determined by us.
- Do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate or abuse anyone.
- Do not incite, encourage or threaten physical harm against another person.
- Do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Do not violate any applicable law, regulation or rule.
- Do not contain offensive remarks that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender preference or physical handicap.
- Do not violate or link to material that violates any provision of these Terms or any applicable law or regulation.
We reserve the right to review all comments prior to making them publicly available on the website. We also reserve the right to not publish or to remove any published comments for any reason, at any time, without prior notice, at our sole discretion. However, we have no responsibility or liability to users of the Service or to any other person or entity for performing or not performing these tasks.
If you choose to provide input and suggestions regarding the Service (“Feedback”), then you hereby grant QueerUnion.com an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free right to use the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose, including to improve the Service or create other products and services.
We might provide links to third-party websites that offer services and provide articles, images, information and other content belonging to or originating from third parties. We might be paid a commission if your make a purchase from a third party using a link we provide on the website. You acknowledge that we do not investigate, monitor or check for accuracy, appropriateness or completeness any third-party content or services and we make no representations regarding such content or services. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites. We do not endorse any product or service advertised on the QueerUnion.com website.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT AND SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, QUEERUNION.COM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE AND YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, AGE OR TIMELINESS OF THE CONTENT OR OF ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SERVICE. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS; (2) DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY OF THE WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SITE; (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED; (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE; (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES OR THE LIKE WHICH MIGHT BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; AND (6) ANY ERROR OR OMISSION IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OR ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY OF THE SERVICE CONTENT. THE PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR LINKED TO THROUGH THE SITE IS MADE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SITE, ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING. WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
Limitations of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL QUEERUNION.COM, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO USE TO USE THE SERVICE, IF ANY, BY YOU DIRECTLY TO US, EXCLUDING ANY PAYMENTS YOU HAVE MADE TO THIRD PARTIES. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS MIGHT NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold QueerUnion.com, its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these Terms.
Countries Outside the United States
QueerUnion.com is based in the United States of America and makes no claims that the Service and Content are appropriate for or applicable to any country outside the United States. Access to the Service might not be legal in certain countries. If you access the Service from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
These Terms and your use of the Service are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky in the United States of America, applicable to agreements made and to be entirely performed within the Commonwealth of Kentucky, without regard to its conflict of law principles. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
Alleged Copyright Infringement
If you believe any content infringes your copyright, you may request its removal from the website by contacting QueerUnion.com’s copyright agent with the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
QueerUnion.com’s agent for copyright issues relating to the Service is as follows:
Attn: Office of Privacy
1325 S 1st St.
Louisville, KY 40208